Friday, January 9, 2009

Hooray Weekend!

Thankfully the first week has finally come to an end. I don't think I've been this busy in a very, very long time and in a way it's kind of nice. I hate having 8:30 class, but I also don't mind it so much..I think. Start early, end early right? Anyhow I've developed an unwanted habit of leaving a couple minutes past my usual time (8:05) and then the fact that I don't mind having a class that early in the morning, goes down hill and I change my mind. Everyday this week, with the exception of Tues & Thurs, I come out of my house seeing the bus right across the street (where the bus stop is) leaving! UGH it's frustrating cause if I had just left at 8:05 than everything would be just dandy fine, but no! So I run to class and somehow make it right when the bell rings. That's mad athletic ability right there to run from the Ave at 8:21 and make it all across the Hub by 8:30. I'm tired of this! I hate seeing the bus pass me when I am RIGHT THERE and I hate running in the morning. That is all the complaints for now.

Other than that, life has been treating me well. I had an interview at UBS yesterday and I think it went well because they asked me to fill out an application to get a background check and to get a drug test along with visit the police station to get thumb prints. Hard core right? The office is in the heart of downtown Seattle with an amazing view. I think there's 40 floors in the building with 6 elevators..I know, very intense. The people were intimidating, but one of the financial advisers who interviewed me and whom I would be working for is so incredibly nice and young. Anyhow I hope I get hired! It will be a very busy quarter if I do, but I say it's well worth it.


4 comments:

  1. lol get your butt up early you bum! haha jk jk

    whooey, that'd be awesome if you got the internship! best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is UBS? And I get to class at 8:30 too. At least that's not late, right on time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a financial services and wealth management company with headquarters in Switzerland, but also the 2nd largest bank in Europe. woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and you two will be proud of me, I was 15 minutes EARLY to class today!

    ReplyDelete